Thursday, August 02, 2007

 

SWITCH

So this week has not been as horrible as I told myself it was going to be. I am too negative sometimes. The flatmates being gone, it has been a little lonely but really quite bearable. It has been nice to make a mess of the house and just hang out on my own a bit.

I had my last meeting with my supervisor and then got on the phone to try and book a flight home early but it would cost me an awful lot and I actually had quite a bit of work to do. It has been nice taking it easy on the final touches of my dissertation. A little change here and a little change there and suddenly it looks a lot better.

I have not touched anything so I have a lot of packing to do this weekend...and laundry. It is kind of odd to be leaving this place and not being sure when I will be back. I am planning on coming to grad next year but that will depend on work and money and all the other issues.

Tuesday at Des' was great this week. I think my crossword puzzle skills have come a long way this year. Crosswords are a strange thing. Even though the clues are random you get used to thinking in a crossword kind of way and if you do crosswords from the same author you begin to catch on to their pattern.



Des got his whole house rewired, it is definitely brighter and the switches are modern. The other light switches dated back to the 1930's. They were round, bulky and you really had to switch them on. They looked like the one above. They also made a kind of sizzle sound when you turned them on. It wasn't a gentle click.

I am going to miss the Tuesday night gang. But Des, George, Melini and I are going to go out for a meal on Friday night. We are going out at 8:30. Everything works about an hour or two later than it does back home. Lunch is usually at 1 or 2 and supper is at 7 or 8. Or maybe just an hour later than what I am used to.

My documentary is now recorded on CDs so I suppose I am finished tinkering with it. It is hard to lay things to rest that you have been working on for a while. I feel like it will never be perfect but nothing ever is so I will have to deal with it. I am getting the written portion bound tomorrow and I will hand it in.

I think it will take a while for me to realize this isn't going to be hanging over my head anymore.

Going out for lunch with Elaine today. She said she wanted to go for a British lunch so we must be going to a pub or something.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?