Monday, May 07, 2007

 

Chris told me I should blog when I was talking to him on msn yesterday, but I didn't feel like it. I do today!

Well, we are coming home very soon and it hasn't really sunk in. I think it was such a shorter leg than last time, so I haven't missed home as much. It was also a much more challenging semester.

We did our final project this past week at school and it was very, very difficult. I was partnered up with a guy who is virtually never at school. I ended up doing both the tv and radio story almost entirely on my own. They turned out pretty good but it was a lot more work than it should have been. Our final 20 minute programme for radio went off without a hitch but our television programme was a disaster. Luckily, it is is only 10% of our final mark. I learned that team work can be very challenging.

We had a kind of crazy week at home as well. We were broken into last sunday night because one of my housemates left the back door unlocked. It is scary to think of someone in the house while we were sleeping. They got off with a laptop and about £8 from my wallet. I had borrowed a £3000 camera from the school and they didn't take it!

A few nights later I was talking on the phone with my mom when we heard screaming and banging outside. They were having a house party in the back garden a few doors down and robbers walked right into their front door and took 3 laptops. The guys at the party noticed and chased them down the street and surrounded their getaway car. Unfortunately, they managed to drive off. It's pretty gutsy to break into a place at 9:45 pm while there is a party in the house.

Anyway, I am sleeping with the lamp on. Not that I didn't before anyway.
I am a bit afraid of the dark, but don't tell anyone.

Only two more articles to write and semester 2 is done. Now for the fun stuff! My radio documentary. I am not looking forward to going home as much as I would if I didn't have so much work to do when I got there.

Kim's activity club sounds awesome! It makes me want to be in Saskatoon forever!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?