Monday, April 16, 2007

 
I was watching CNN tonight for a little too long.

I am sad about the school shooting in the States.

I thought it was very funny that one of the first messages from the white house was that they had aid available. This should probably be a normal thing for the government to say but I felt they were trying extra hard to dot their i's and cross their t's. The government has not done so well dealing with disasters in the past.

I get worried when they begin to talk about needing more security in schools. I definitely do not think it is a good solution.
If going to school begins to be like getting on an airplane I think everyone should drop out.

Sometimes people go nuts and there is nothing we can do to control that.

For the time we have on this earth we should try and make it as pleasant an experience as possible.

Fear gets us no where.

Comments:
Unfortunately, I think I have become more distressed about the way these events are covered by the media and government officials rather than the actual events. I have almost become numb to it, in the sense that it is very tragic yet all too common these days. It’s a very tragic and disturbing event.

DB
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?