Friday, February 16, 2007

 

It's friday

I love fridays now that I have no classes. It is such a great day to sleep in a little, catch up on work and still know that I have the weekend to do more work. I feel like I am really on top of things this semester and it's thanks to Fridays.

I spoke with my prof yesterday about my dissertation and she suggested I do a radio documentary rather then a TV one. I didn't like the idea at first but have been listening to quite a few really great readio documentaries and am quite excited about it. There is a richness to radio that you cannot get with TV.

When I listen to the radio on my walk to school in the morning I take in the sights around me and get lost in my imagination and the voices floating into my ears.

Man, I can talk myself into anything.

Tonight we are having a chinese new year party at school. We are all supposed to bring food from our country. I made some maple fudge last night but it was a little runny this morning. I put it back on the burner (not sure if I can cook fudge twice) and it seemed pretty thick when I left the house this morning. I hope it doesn't become hard as a rock. If it does I will tell people it is maple candy.

Comments:
I remember Marshall McCluhan saying radio was a hot medium, and television a cool one. Ergo "the medium is the message" I've always been a bigger fan of radio than TV .. it's active, your imagination fills in what you can't see, rather than the passive process of absorbing TV. It's far more accessible .. I listen to radio all the time while travelling, and I think the quality is generally much greater than TV. I just checked and there's a cool web site devoted to Marshal http://www.marshallmcluhan.com
 
Hmmmmm...Maple Fudge!!!

Take care Nicole
Ken and Diane
 
It came out in a fudge kinda texture! I had to cook it on the stove 3 times for it to that. First it was too soft, then it was too hard and now it's juuuust right. Very odd.
Unfortunately there was enough food at the party to fill us all three times over and my fudge wasn't placed in the dessert section. I should have noticed. So I have a lot of fudge. Can you freeze fudge?
 
Yes u can!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?