Wednesday, February 07, 2007

 

Friends at the click of a mouse


Hola amigos,

I was pressured into blogging.
It's ok I would rather do this then read.

Volunteering
I am going away this weekend to volunteer with the UNA exchange in Dare Valley. The UNA have volunteer projects all over the world and weekend projects in Wales. My workload is piling up a little but isn't as much as it will be later and it's a good opportunity to meet some new people. It only costs £5 and all the accomodation and food is covered for the weekend. It may be cheaper for me to be there then stay here. I understand I will be working on a garden to attract more birds to the park. They asked us to bring something to do in the evenings. Any ideas??

The photo above is where I believe I am going.

Birthday
In other news tomorrow I will be 26 years old. I am now closer to 30 then I am to 20 and that's ok. I am deciding today to not worry about age too much and focus more on what I am doing and the quality of my life. Not that 26 is anything to panic about.

It is supposed to snow here tomorrow. I heard people go a little nutso when it snows here. It has not snowed yet this year. It is quite fitting for it to snow tomorrow since I was born during a blizzard. As for birthday plans, I think I am going to for supper with my roomies and a few people from school to the Funky Buddha and then we will go to salsa.

Facebook
I have joined Facebook which is taking up way too much of my time. It is kinda fun and I have had contact with people I have not spoken to in a while but it is kind of ridiculous at the same time. There is something very odd about having someone as your friend on facebook but never actually talking to them in person. I think these programs give us a false sense of happiness. Look at me, I have 7200 internet friends, aren't I cool?

Today I sat beside someone in my class who is one of my supposed friends on the account and we did not say a word to each other. We wouldn't usually say a word to each other so why would we start now?? On the other hand I did talk to a few people that I don't usually talk to about Facebook and maybe we will talk more often. Perhaps it has broken the ice.

All I know is that I spend too much time at my computer doing ridiculous things. I might be pretty lonely without my computer since I have become so used to it. Sad prospect.

Comments:
Happy Birthday Nicole!!!
I hope you have had a wonderful day! It's too bad we can't celebrate with you.
The day David was born it was really warm and melting, with some sort of warm front. That was only 4 days after you were born durning a blizzard. That's Saskatchewan.
We wish you were here to enjoy the wonderful Saskie weather. Next year!
Love,
David, Twyla, and Elijah
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?