Tuesday, January 09, 2007

 

Brussels forever



As I write this blog I pause every once in a while to relish in my favourite activity. Eating Brussel Sprouts. I don't remember when it happened but I believe it was sometime last year. I got absolutely obsessed with Brussel Sprouts (yes, they deserve capitals). Everytime my teeth sink through the many delicate layers something happens and I feel almost as though I am floating. It must be some vitamin I am lacking...but I hope my need keeps up just for the pleasure of it.

Last night I treated dad and myself to a supper at the Samurai for his christmas present. It was really quite fun. We walked there from the house where he is staying. The little sips of rum on the way helped me forget the cold. We shared a bottle of sake and had a pretty delicious meal. It was a little less impressive then what I had imagined. The cook didn't do any tricks and the food was pretty basic but the experience of sharing a table with folks you don't know and the warm glow we got from the sake was fun enough.

After the Samurai we sipped our rum back across the bridge and went to Calories where I had a glass of port and creme brulee. Boy, is their creme brulee yummy. Then we went across the street to the Yard, where Luke joined us, and we topped off the night with a scotch.

It's no surprise my Brussel Sprouts are feeling so good today.

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Comments:
YOU ARE A CRAZY LADY
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?