Friday, January 12, 2007

 

Beckham Shmeckham



I am just watching the news and it is plastered with news of Beckham. I agree this is a big story but to take up half the hour???

The US bombed Islamic courts in Somalia this past Sunday killing at least 19 people who were not even all the al-Qaeda leaders the US claimed it was targeting! I think we are getting too used to the US bombing people that we are at the point of not caring any more. I am upset that people are not protesting in the streets but I have not exactly been the leader of mass protests so I have no right to get angry. Why are we so apathetic???? I realize at some point you have to go on with your own life and not get completely consumed, but…..

LOL!!! David Beckham had a grand announcement and the audio and video isn't working!!

The media can direct to a certain extent what we think and talk about. Right now I am thinking about David Beckham and how his move to the US will be seen. I am also thinking about Posh and if maybe the paparazzi will be easier on her in the US.

If it was not on TV for so long this news hour I would not be thinking about it so much.

So what needs to be done?? I don’t know. I do know that I should shut the TV off and maybe read something I actually think is important. At least with magazines, books, journals and newspapers we have more choice.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?