Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Man. I totally missed coco loco this year

It's a wet day in Wales. What else is f****** new?
I am sorry. That was a bit harsh. I am a lady.
When I am sleeping.

I went downtown with my partner Rachel to film the santa dash (mini marathon in santa suits). I was going to go to the museum and film an exposition on muslims but I needed to go through a bunch of bureaucratic crap, so I couldn't get in today. Then I noticed a truck by the winter wonderland with reindeer painted on its side. So, I did my story on the reindeer that are in town. I got a really good shot of its nose and its handler petting it. The closer the shot the better for my prof.

Soooo cold. My feet were soaked. Rachel and I were shivering and could hardly move our fingers. Training for going home I guess. At least it doesn't rain in Saskatoon at this time of year. Maybe it will. The rock was thrown pretty hard in the water. If you read this blog regularly you'll know what I am referring to.

I heard there was a good turnout for BC this weekend. That's good. I hope we have mighty BC's while i'm home.

I went to a party last night with my flatmates. They had some really good food. Pineapple and cheese on toothpicks. It's fun to walk into a party where you know no one and eat all kinds of delicious food.

I told one guy I was from Saskatchewan and he didn't say, "where?"

He said, "I know a song about Saskatchewan."
I said, "you do???"
"By the Arrogant Worms," he said.

HUH???!!! I have been listening to the Arrogant Worms since I was a child!! Those who were in grade 8 with me may recall my presentation on Going Hunting....or not.

My personal favourite is Jesus' brother bob, but the last Saskatchewan Pirate is a fantastic song!

Anyway, I guess it takes a slightly geeky 19 year old philosophy student in Cardiff to know the Arrogant Worms. It's just funny the people we cross paths with sometimes. We are all so interconnected in wonderful ways.

Comments:
Hello Nicole,
Just so you know we are planning a special breakfast club, partly in your honour, on the 16th. It will be the last BC before X'mas so we thought we should do something special. Do you have any specific requests? We were thinking the Saskatoon Inn- noonish. Comment on Davids blog to let us know. We are looking forward to your return. Have safe travels.
Twyla, David, and Eli
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?