Monday, December 11, 2006

 

Cool it

Oh my goodness.

I was so wound up today that one wrong word out of anyone would have sent me over the edge.
I woke up early, thank God, even though I didn't have class , to go to school and print my dissertation proposal which is due today.

My new macbook went on the fritz this weekend. Every time I turn it on the screen flashes and sometimes I cannot get any image at all. I called them this morning. The first phone call went fine but then the line went dead and when I called back they put me on hold for 15 minutes. I was irritated because I was anxious to get to school and print out my paper. I can't print it at home because my printer isn't working. It seems a lot of things don't work with me and I haven't been very diligent in getting things fixed.

When I finally got through they needed me to put one of the setup discs in and I couldn't find it. My cd rom doesn't seem to be able to read discs anyway. It always just spits them out. I will need to look for it and try it tonight and do what they told me to do. If that doesn't work I need to bring it in to get fixed. Is there any apple store in Saskatoon??? Cause I really don't have time this week.

I have a few issues with apple. I really think they were a higher quality product but now they have expanded too much too fast and are not able to keep up delivering quality merchandise while dealing with the huge pressures of demand. My major uses of computers is the internet, msn and word. Word for mac works fine and the internet does too. I have issues with msn though. It doesn't work very smoothly and I can't get to people's msn spaces on it. I also can't use webcam with it. What's the use of my fancy new webcam if I can't talk to people on msn with it?

I know, part of the problem is that I have a learning curve and I am not used to macs, so maybe I am not using it to its full potential. I am, however, very pissed off that I needed to send in my info to get my money back for my ipod within 30 days. They did not mention that when I bought it and also did not automatically send me the forms to get my money (my parents money) back. So, here is to hoping they still reimburse me.

ANYWAY. Hopefully I can get it fixed. SO....I have been using my dad's computer this weekend and he doesn't have microsoft word so I have been writing on his open office programme. When I got to school this morning, fuming and worried about my computer, my proposal would not open. I went to the tech office and they could not open it either. Tears. So, I walked the 1/2 hour BACK home and saved it differently. I ran back to school and met up with my filming partner. She hadn't printed her proposal yet either so I had a little time to spare.

I know I should have thought about the compatibility problem and saved it differently. But lets not talk about my incompetence. I don't like being reminded. I was really wound up about everything. I was trying to analyze everything as I went along and tried calming down but I still feel the tension.

My footage ended up being ok. I have a bit too much space above the guy's head that I was interviewing, but that's ok. I will live with it. Rachel is brilliant and helped me edit out my blabbing. I talk too much in interviews.

What was helpful is listening to "time to say goodbye" with Andrea Bocceli and Sarah Brightman. I think it embodies all that is important.

Sorry about the long blog but I needed to tell someone.

Comments:
Hey Nicole,

Yes there is apple store in S'toon and yes agree that apple is pumping out too much to fast. I can help you with your webcam/msn problem and give you a few other things that may make your life easier.

A bientot
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?