Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 

Dreams of filming prairie skies





It's the evening again. The days just swoop by and I always find myself here back at my computer. One evening looks like the next. I am not saying my evenings are boring but they are repetitive.

This will all change tomorrow though when the Almighty Nelson arrives. Tomorrow will be a funny evening. It is games night with the programme and I signed up for scrabble against other students and profs. Then I am off to get Chris at the airport at around 11. I have been working really hard lately so that I don't have to do much when Chris is here. Thanks to Chris for forcing me to be a none-procrastinator. Who am I kidding??? Of course I am still procrastinating. I am writing this blog, aren't I??

Today we learned how to use the camera. The biggest thing I learned is: do not zoom in automatic mode. Switch to manual, then zoom and focus. Apparently this is one of the things that seperates amateurs from professionals. Well, now all amateurs know because I spilled the beans. I bridged the divide between amateurs and professionals. Yay for equality!

My mind has been a little absorbed today thinking that maybe I should do a television broadcast dissertation. A radio one is easier but when am I going to have access to this type of equipment again?? We also need to learn by doing. I really don't care if I get a crappier mark because I challenged myself. I will end up learning so much more even if my documentary is a pile of poo. All that matters is that I pass and that I learn. If I am planing to work in tv I mind as well learn as much as I can about tv. Maybe I will surprise myself and my documentary will be good!

Comments:
No problem Nicole, I inspire many. I´ll help you get work done when we are drunk on cider
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?