Wednesday, November 29, 2006

 

Diva


It's officially don't lift your head till the work is done time. So I have been playing with my mac photobooth. It's a very enjoyable activity to take pictures of oneself. Especially when there is work to do.
Today the reporter from Kosovo came again and talked to us for another session. His message was the same but my professor made it a little clearer for us in the next session. He said there are many points of view that a journalist has to sort out. All of these points of view are legitimate but do not have an equivalent value. Journalists must evaluate what messages are being said and measure the legitimacy of these points of view.
So, we must think critically about the various points of view and see which ones are the most legitimate. It is not about being objective or unbiased. (The man from Kosovo said that journalists don't have to think about objectivity, editors do.) It's about a commitment to quality information.
Tomorrow I have my first meeting with my supervisor for my dissertation. We are going to have a long working relationship so I hope it goes well. I just have to sort out my thoughts tonight so that I can present my topic to her clearly.
Last night I brought all the video equipment home to do an interview with one of my flatmates but when I got all set up I realized the battery was dead. It's a big pain in the bum to carry the stuff home! Oh well, the more little mistakes I make, like not checking my equipment fully before I leave, the better I will be later. Yay for looking at things positively! I came up with a better interview idea anyway so maybe it was meant to be.
I really can't wait to go home. I am getting more and more excited! I think it pops into my head more often then sex does for a 17 year old boy!
Chris left this afternoon, I am much safer now Kim! Looking forward to hanging out during the holidays! See, there it is again...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?