Saturday, November 18, 2006

 

Canada vs Wales





It felt really good to hear the national anthem last night at millenium stadium during the Canada vs Wales rugby match, even though the final score 61-26...ouch!
There were Canada flags waving at different areas of the stadium and one guy on the big screen running up and down the aisle with a Canada flag for a cape.
Attendence was about 74 thousand people!!! The stadium holds 80 thousand. You would never have that many people at a rugby game in Canada, it must be quite and experience for the players. They support their sports teams so well here. So much pride! My flatmates Abi and Jo helped me cheer for Canada and we went out after with some of their friends from medicine.
I had a Canada scarf on an Abi drew a big red maple leaf on my cheek. I waved at some fellow Canadians walking around after.
In line to get in to the match, some Welsh guys yelled out, "we have a canadian here!!!!" One of them told me he was an honourary Newfie after going on a trip there. Most people smiled at me politely. Apparently, rugby games are more gentlemanly then Football games. Thank God! I had images of people maybe being little rude with me but everyone looked happy to see Canadian fans.
I am so happy I went!! A piece of home came to visit me in Cardiff!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?