Thursday, November 16, 2006

 

Break down the garden's gate

So happy to be home. I haven't stopped all day! We had a library induction programme today. My first thought was, boring!! It was surprisingly so helpful! The university has a really cool footnote programme that basically writes up your bibliography and footnotes with a few clicks of the mouse. It's going to save me hours!!!

I also went to Boxersize today with Annie, Elaine and Roxanne. Lots of running. The instructor was really good and encouraging. I think I will go back but not next week cause Chris is coming!

Today I won at debate for the 2nd week in a row!! I didn't realize I was good at debate. I am pretty good at arguing with my family but I thought it ended there. Maybe I learned something from Patrick and his countless suppertime debates between him and my mom growing up. I guess I wasn't just observing after all. I was like a sponge sucking it all up. There is a tournament this weekend but I have decided not to go. I knew this would happen but I am suddenly swamped with work that has to be done before I go home...so at my computer it is.

I am so thrilled with the new report on inclusion in the Fransaskois community. I have been going on about this issue for a few years now. It was blatantly obvious that we need to be a much more open and welcoming community in order to grow. I am loving watching the discussions on Le Telejournal.There are still some closed minded attitudes out there but I think people overwhelmingly agree with the report.

Culture does not come from some authentic source that we must preserve. It changes and grows and we need to let it. I am so happy that some people said they finally feel accepted in the community. They always should have been!!!!

Comments:
Congrats on being such a great debater! We're enjoying your blog. Ken and Diane
 
You may be a cunning liguist, but I'm a master of debate! (Say it out loud...)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?